Short answer: No.
Written by 2cor2_1
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17) “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.“
But many, many, many people, groups, organizations, and denominations challenge the Word of God and try to fit in other teachings, doctrines, and attributes to fit with this time. Some Cultish Churches even teach mystical ideas and blasphemous heresies, using writings of mystics and visions of monks, and even reasonings of apostate scholars to review scripture and “re-word the Word of God” to make more sense.
- 2 Peter 1:19-21) “We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.“
They spake as they were moved by God the Holy Ghost. Who are we then to say that God was incorrect, misguided, or mistaken. Or even that the Scriptures are not applicable any more to this day and age? Accusations of sexism, racism, bigotry, erring full of contradictions, these are the accusations of unbelieving wicked men that know not the power of God or the saving grace of His Son the Lord Jesus. They have not the Holy Spirit of God to help them to understand, thus their minds are darkened and their souls condemned and they are influenced to speak evil by the prince of evil the prince of lies the master of darkness the devil.
And one of these heresies is the teaching of the femininity of Heavenly bodies.
I was challenged to prove my point by an individual, they apparently are massive fans of the movie “The Shack” and its promotion of this doctrine that God has a feminine side and that there are female angels. So I took the challenge, researched the issue, showed my findings and now they won’t speak to me. So let’s take a look at my argument and what the Word of God says about there NOT being feminine attributes in the Heavenly.
The Greek word for “angel” in the New Testament, angelos, is in the masculine form. In fact, a feminine form of “angelos” does not exist. There are three genders in grammar—masculine (he, him, his), feminine (she, her, hers), and neuter (it, its). Angels are never referred to in any gender other than masculine. In the many appearances of angels in the Bible, never is an angel referred to as “she” or “it”. Furthermore, when angels appeared, they were always dressed as human males (Genesis 18:2, 16; – Ezekiel 9:2). No angel ever appears in Scripture dressed as a female.
The only named angels in the Bible – Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer – had male names and all are referred to in the masculine. “Michael and his angels” (Revelation 12:7); “Mary was greatly troubled at his [Gabriel’s] words” (Luke 1:29); “Oh, Lucifer, son of the morning” (Isaiah 14:12). Other references to angels are always in the masculine gender. In Judges 6:21, the angel holds a staff in “his” hand. Zechariah asks an angel a question and reports that “he” answered (Zechariah 1:19). The angels in Revelation are all spoken of as “he” and their possessions as “his” (Revelation 10:1, 5; – 14:19; – 16:2, 4, 17; – 19:17; – 20:1).
Some people point to Zechariah 5:9 as an example of female angels. That verse says, “Then I looked up – and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.” The problem is that the “women” in this prophetic vision are not called angels. They are called Nashiym (“women”), as is the woman in the basket representing wickedness in verses 7 and 8. By contrast, the angel that Zechariah was speaking to is called a “malak”, a completely different word meaning “angel” or “messenger.” The fact that the women have wings in Zechariah’s vision might suggest angels to our minds, but we must be careful about going beyond what the text actually says. A vision does not necessarily depict actual beings or objects – consider the huge flying scroll Zechariah sees in his vision earlier in the same chapter (Zechariah 5:1–2).
The confusion about genderless angels comes from a misreading of Matthew 22:30, which states that there will be no marriage in heaven because we “will be like the angels in heaven.” The fact that there will be no marriage has led some to believe that angels are “sexless” or genderless because (the thinking goes) the purpose of gender is procreation and, if there is to be no marriage and no procreation, there is no need for gender. But this is a leap that cannot be proven from the text. The fact that there is no marriage does not necessarily mean there is no gender. The many references to angels as males contradict the idea of genderless angels. Angels do not marry, but we can’t make the leap from “no marriage” to “no gender”.
Gender in language, then, is not to be understood strictly in terms of sexuality. Rather, the masculine gender pronouns applied to spirit beings throughout Scripture are more a reference to authority than to sex. God always refers to Himself in the masculine. The Holy Spirit is never described as an “it”. God is personal and authoritative – thus, the personal pronouns in the masculine gender. It would simply be inappropriate to refer to heavenly beings as anything other than masculine because of the authority God has granted to them to wield His power (2 Kings 19:35), carry His messages (Luke 2:10), and represent Him on earth.
Therefore, all beings in Heaven whether Angel or of God are masculine, not feminine.
To anyone who is even thinking of watching this film “The Shack” I’m giving you a serious warning! It seems nearly every decade has its “Unchristian Christian movies” that specifically target doctrines of the faith, and this decade they’ve really ramped it up as it has been a few movies already. We’ve had “Noah” with its inclusions of mystic beliefs and inclusions from apocryphal writings. “Exodus: Gods and Kings” where Moses is always angry with God and has verbal fights, apocryphal inclusions, and God is manifested to Moses as a little boy. There’s also “The Davinci Code“, but I don’t even need to go into detail about how heretical it is, saying that Christ married and His bloodline is still alive. And now “The Shack“. All these are horribly blasphemous and heretical and condemned by God according to His Holy Word.
But who would be trying to do this? Who would be twisting Scripture and changing the Truth into a lie to sway the minds of mankind?
- Ephesians 6:12) “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.“
Personally I can’t even understand how people can even call The Shack a “christian film” when it is so blasphemous. I mean God the Father is referred to as Papa, an African American woman, and the Holy Spirit as an energetic Asian woman, and then coupled with the devilish doctrines that rip apart the Scriptures are just so blatantly heretical it’s insane! It’s a direct work of apostates that are trying to destroy Biblical Truth and Holy Doctrine!
Here’s 13 heresies in “The Shack” –
- 1) God the Father was crucified with Christ.
- 2) God is limited by His love and therefore cannot practice justice.
- 3) God forgave all of humanity whether they repent or not.
- 4) All Hierarchical structures are evil.
- 5) God will never Judge people for their sins.
- 6) God submits to Human wishes and choices.
- 7) Justice will never take place because of love.
- 8) There is no such thing as eternal judgement or torment in Hell.
- 9) The Godhead has no Hierarchical structure, just a circle of unity.
- 10) It does not matter which way to get to God, Jesus is walking with all people in their different journeys.
- 11) Jesus is constantly being transformed along with us.
- 12) Everyone will make it to Heaven.
- 13) The Bible is not true, because it reduces God to paper.
Quote from the movie –
“I am neither male nor female, even though both genders are derived from my nature. If I chose to appear to you as a man or a woman, it’s because I love you. For me to appear to you as a woman as suggest that you call me Papa is simply to mix metaphors, to help you to keep from falling so easily into your religious conditioning.”
But Scripture calls the Lord God not “goddess”, it calls God Him not “her”, it calls God the Prince of Peace not “princess”, it calls God the Son not “daughter”, it calls God the Mighty King not “Queen”, and it calls God the Father not “Mother”. Scripture shows the relationship between God and the Church as a Bridegroom and Bride, a specific set picture. And to denote a fluidity of gender identification upon God is such a blasphemous action that it violates a major warning of Scripture.
- Mark 3:28-29) “Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:“
They are blaspheming God with their many heresies, mockeries, and violations of Biblical commandment, and are corrupting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to fit the doctrines of devils. And yet they have the audacity to promote it as a “Christian film” with its many violations and this is nothing but a slap and spit in the face of God.
There is a difference between “having a biological sex” and “having a gender“. All angels that ever appeared in scripture were male in appearance, and God is always referred to in masculine, therefore God and angels are of masculine gender and not actual “biological male sex” because they are spirit and do not have biological structurer. There has never been a female gender attributed to angels or to God in all of Scripture.
All supposed references used as proof are taken out of context and used incorrectly. He says in scripture “LIKE” a…etc, and not denoting that He IS those things, because He’s using the picture of it and is not adopting the image in ownership. Jesus said “I am the door” so does that mean He’s actually a real doorway, or is He using the image?
All scripture denotes an ownership of male identity to the person of God, and any female type imagery is never once denoted in actual personification and is only used in metaphorical imagery of action and depiction and not in ownership.
As for the depiction of God as a Black Woman, the argument of some is that you’re being racist because they think that’s the problem. Well, actually I also get upset at any depiction of Christ, because the depiction of Christ as some long haired, perfect complexioned Caucasian male that looks like a JQ model is a far cry from what would have been actual truth.
He would have looked like the “average joe” of the time, and He obviously would have looked Hebrew.
- Isaiah 53:2) “For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.“
As for Christ having long hair that would contradict Scripture, and contrary to opinion Jesus was not a Nazirite, He grew up in Nazareth yes but He was not a Nazirite under vow like Samson was.
- 1 Corinthians 11:14) “Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?“
And taken with Scripture where God commands no images of deities, any depictions of God would have been included in that commandment. But that’s just my opinion
- 1 Corinthians 16:22) “If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.” (i.e. formal act of consigning to damnation)
Take no part in this work of blasphemy, refuse to promote it, and choose rather to condemn its heretical teaching. Stand firm in the faith and give no place to the devil!
- Proverbs 4:20-27) “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.“
Please take this into consideration and pray about it, please pray against these terrible attacks upon our faith, and please pray for our churches to stand firm upon the doctrines of our Lord God Jesus Christ. ~God bless all those that hear and heed His Holy Word.